AWUNZ is an industry-based Union, representing a wide range of members throughout many industries.
The Amalgamated Workers Union NZ is an amalgamation of a number of unions which cover a wide span of worksites within all industries in the cities and towns our union operates in.
AWUNZ Services available to members:
• Health & Safety
• Agreement Negotiations
• Personal Grievance Hearings
• Accident Compensation Reviews and Hearings
• Disputes Hearings and Resolution
• Legal Services
• TMFNZ: Trauma, Medical, Insurance and Financial Services
• Union and Community Medical Centre
• TMFNZ Insurance
What's in it for you as a Union Member?
What do you get for your money?
Firstly, all services are provided for just the Union fee. No matter what happens, or what assistance you need, there will be no extra costs.
• The Union will negotiate members Collective Employment Agreements, and if necessary enforce it
• The Union will handle any grievances or disputes members may have in employment
• The Union is only a phone call away
• The Union is active in promoting better Health & Safety standards in the workplace
• The Union is involved in promoting training in the workplace
• The Union is always striving to improve wages and conditions of employment
• The Union is always trying to protect employment
On the death of a contributing member, a death grant may be issued to the member’s next of kin on application and proof of death.
A death grant may be issued to a contributing member in the case of the death of the member’s spouse, infant or school age child.